https://email@example.com 0 0 Andrew Taylor https://firstname.lastname@example.org Andrew Taylor2023-02-07 10:10:542023-02-07 10:14:09Electronics/Electrical Engineer
Health and Safety
How to Apply
To design and implement electronic systems, used to test products during factory manufacture.
Includes designing and building automated test equipment; developing jigs, fixtures and safety equipment for testing of new product samples; taking part in FMEA and problem-solving processes for new products; and working with test technicians to maintain existing factory product testing equipment.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Development of electronic equipment for testing products (battery packs and chargers) for use in factory production.
- Understanding new products in development, developing methods for interfacing, configuring, and testing them.
- Troubleshooting and improvement of existing test equipment and fixtures. Technical support of technicians and apprentices tasked with equipment maintenance.
- Development of verification and validation procedures for equipment.
- Support production with troubleshooting, technical questions and advice.
- Control of compiled firmware (hex files), and development of factory methods for board programming.
- Take part in new product introduction (NPI) process, assisting project engineers
- Failure mode analysis and prevention
- Record keeping in line with quality and company procedures
- Test reports for external customers
Knowledge, Skills and Experienc
- Engineering mindset – a systems thinker who can develop electronic systems from first principles.
- BEng or similar in Electrical and Electronic Engineering, or demonstrable equivalent knowledge gained through other routes.
- Experience of developing electrical/electronic equipment.
- Takes safety seriously, and capable of designing systems safe for end users (factory production staff).
- Strong understanding of electrical schematics. PCB design is not required, but design of circuits and capture of schematics is required.
- Some programming experience is essential. Any technologies/languages are acceptable provided the candidate is willing and capable to learn relevant fields, which are: C# Windows programming for internal applications, and some embedded C for standalone equipment.
- Strong IT skills are required, particularly Excel. Understanding/ using SQL databases is desirable.
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Strong fault finding/troubleshooting skills
- Organised, motivated and enthusiastic. Keeps priorities under review, plans and works flexibly to cope with change in circumstances and demands.
Health and Safety
- Ensure compliance with company’s HSE policies and procedures
- Challenge any member of staff or visitor professionally when H&S controls are not being adhered
Quality Assurance and Product Security
- Ensure compliance with ISO procedures
RESPONSIBLE TO: Senior Electronics Test Engineer
– Internally – All departments as required
– Externally – Customers – Regulatory bodies
How to Apply
If you would like to apply for this role please send a copy of your CV to email@example.com.